Covid-19 Support for employers
The Chancellor of the Exchequer has announced temporary and targeted measures to support people and businesses through the period of disruption caused by COVID-19.
This includes a package of Covid-19 support for employers including the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS). This allows employers to claim 80% of the wages of their staff up to a maximum of £2,500 per employee.
How can I access the scheme?
The scheme will be available from the 20th of April and claims will need to be made online.
If you’re eligible for the scheme, there are things that you can do now to be ready.
You’ll need to provide the following to make a claim:
- The bank account number and sort code where you’d like your claim to be paid into
- The name and phone number of the person that HMRC can contact in your business
- Your Self-Assessment UTR (Unique Tax Reference), Company UTR or CRN (Company Registration Number).
- The name, employee number and National Insurance number for each of your furloughed employees.
- The total amount being claimed for all employees and the total furlough period.
If you use an authorised HMRC agent to act for you for PAYE purposes, they will be able to make a claim on your behalf, so speak to them now.
Find out more
The latest guidance on CJRS can be found by searching Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme on GOV.UK
Help and support
If you need help with any of this or any other aspect of your payroll contact me now.